Adopt the Arts Foundation.
Harmonizing Futures, One Note at a Time: Empowering Elementary Education Through Music.
Adopt the Arts is a non-profit charitable foundation dedicated to saving the Arts in public schools.
Adopt The Arts was co-founded by Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee and Grammy Award-Winning Musician, Matt Sorum (Guns N’ Roses, Velvet Revolver, Deadland Ritual, Kings of Chaos) and Founding Board Member, Golden Globe Award and Emmy Award-Winning Actor, Jane Lynch, in response to major budget cuts to the arts education budget in LAUSD Elementary schools.
Nearly 90% of California schools fail to meet state-mandated arts education requirements. Music programs are constantly in danger of being cut from shrinking school budgets even though they’re proven to improve academics. Students are not getting what they need and deserve.
It is the mission of Adopt the Arts to provide music and art classes to all students, regardless of where they live or go to school. We are building a movement, one school at a time, by bringing together artists, musicians, donors, public officials, businesses, entrepreneurs and creatives from around the country.
Why the Arts?
Research shows the arts impact every measure on the accountability dashboard
- 5x more likely to stay in school
- 3x more likely to get a bachelors degree
- 4x more likely to be recognized for academic achievement
The Arts are unique in their ability to lower anxiety, engage students and achieve academic goals in all other subjects
There are more than 2.7 million jobs in creative services in California and well-rounded students with access to Arts education will help feed that pipeline.
Schools with music programs have an estimated 90.2% graduation rate and 93.9% attendance rate compared to schools without music education, which average 72.9% graduation and 84.9% attendance.
FRIENDS AND AMBASSADORS
- Alice Cooper
- Steve Lukather (Toto)
- Steve Stevens (Billy Idol)
- Robin Zander ( Cheap Trick)
- Glenn Hughes (Deep Purple)
- Stevie Salas ( Rod Stewart)
- Chad Smith ( Red Hot Chili Peppers)
- Lili Haydn ( Robert Plant)
- Paul Ill ( Alicia Keys)
- Mike Anthony ( Van Halen )
- Dean Deleo ( Stone Temple Pilots )
- Robert Deleo ( Stone Temple Pilots)
- Kenny Aronoff (John Cougar Mellencamp)
- Phil X ( Bon Jovi)
- Billy Duffy ( The Cult)
- Rosewood Elementary (Current Program)
- Westminster Elementary (Prior Program)